Saturday, September 3, 2011

About Wishes Coming True

God always gives you your heart's desires...But in His own perfect time. :) You may not realize it at first, but He never fails to do so. Acknowledge the blessings and the trials as they come, and you'll never fail to be happy. :)

This was my Saturday Positivity Post on my Facebook page, and I wrote it with a genuinely joyful smile. Before I wrote this, I received news from a friend who was trying to get pregnant ever since she got married last year, and she just confirmed to me that they're going to have a little big blessing soon.

I also looked back on my status post exactly a year ago, and saw that September 3rd was when my first contract with Odesk started, my first ever taste of regular work as a WAHM. That was one wish coming true after waiting for more than nine months, I was nearly giving up then, but I held on to my prayers and knew that I would get a regular Odesk gig soon enough.


I had also prayed then that someday, I can get an Odesk job with a higher rate but would require lesser hours (so I can spend more time with my little girl), and a few months later, I did.

When times were hard, I prayed hard too, and although there were instances that I felt like He wasn't listening I just prayed on. You don't really have to be religious to make a wish, or say a prayer. You don't have to be religious to be faithful. :) You just have to BELIEVE.

But of course, the harder I prayed, the harder I worked on my goal. When I yearned for my first job on Odesk, I never stopped sending my applications, whether I get a response or not. When I wanted to get one with a higher rate, I worked hard at getting better at what I do.

Our wishes won't come true without us doing our part in making it happen. 

To wait for the 'perfect time' is not always easy, and sometimes, it's as if it will never come. Anyone who's human will probably feel hopeless at one time or another. When you feel like you're just about ready to give up, pause for a while, cry if you need to, distance yourself from your goal for a moment, and for sure, you'll see all the other good things happening around you. Waiting can be psychologically exhausting, and based on experience, the more you focus on the 'waiting', the longer it seems to be.

And when things get worse, instead of better, I know you'll feel like 'this is the final blow, it's over'...DON'T. When things get worse, strive even harder, fight even more valiantly for whatever it is that you want to make happen. This way, you'll never know failure. Anyone who had tried his best, had given 100% of his efforts, had already succeeded. :)

Try this: Look back on the things that you wished for or prayed for or had wanted in the past, and then remember what happened after (not necessarily immediately after). Take note of your wish, and the negative and positive things that happened, and I'm sure you'll see the many shining moments...that your wishes were actually granted...in His own perfect time. :)




Pass on the positivity! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment